tuxedo park residence
Ogawa | Depardon was commissioned to renovate a 1950s pre-fabricated 2,400-square-foot four-bedroom home constructed largely from standardized four-by-eight-foot modules—a simple, efficient and affordable structure that went up in a brisk three weeks in January 1958 designed by Karl Koch. This house was an early example of industrialized construction. Ogawa| Depardon’s designed modernized the house and its systems to meet current energy efficiency standards while keeping the construction methodology and the original modern planning intact. Our interventions gave this house a face-lift and a total system upgrade, but kept its soul and design sensibilities.